The Pagan Path

Those who wonder are not lost; they are trying to awaken! 'The Sleeper must awaken!'

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Last Leg of the Journey

As I sit here in my sister's living room in South Bend, Indiana, it's really starting to hit home that I've been away from my beloved Montana ( and Montana family ) for almost two months! This weary world traveler ran out of steam a little over halfway through his journey, but I have no regrets; I'm glad I stepped outside my front door & went where our Father was leading!

Although the past few weeks haven't been quite as interesting, geographically speaking, as the first three or so, it has been quite the adventure! Meeting friends, old & new; I have also renewed some family ties that were in need of maintenance & repair. I have learned a few things, not only about the world, but about myself. To borrow a phrase, the world really is a BIG place & after all, I AM just a little fellow! I've learned, that while TSA is NOT happy when you try to travel with no photo-ID, it can be done; I've learned that, even for an old cripple like yours truly, even an obstacle like leaving your cane ( just ask ) at home is not insurmountable. My nephews made a walking stick for me while I was on St. Thomas & my brother-in-law lent me his 'swagger stick' while I was in Florida & Virginia!

Biggest lesson learned so far? Two months is a bit long to be away from the people & land I love! Most important lesson? No matter where Life takes you, the people are what make it worth living & it's all beautiful! Sure, Florida, Virginia & Indiana don't have the majestic scenery like Montana & they're a bit too crowded for my liking, but my family seems happy there, so I'm happy being with them there ( for a time )!

As I prepare to exit stage left ( west ) & head back to my beloved mountains, I look forward to the trip with some trepidation; although I'm eager to see what else our Father has in store for me ( for us ) before we get there, I really just want to be there: I'm tired, I'm ready to sleep in my own bed, I'm ready to relax in my recliner, I'm ready to pedal my ass around town again ( though Dave Bonko keeps telling me it's illegal ), but I seriously wonder sometimes if that's what our Father has planned! That's what I want, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, trying not to worry & be at peace about what dreams may come!

I'm going to need at least a week to fully recuperate from my journey ( HA, like that's gonna happen! ), so Im going to end this little report for now, but stay tuned; there's more to come!

Charles Haddon Shank

No comments: